Tuesday, May 8, 2007

What learning styles do you think would be best suited to an online learning environment

I think out od the 9 learning styles I would assume that visual interpersonal and logical would be the learning intelligences that I would use. I would have thought that all of the intelligences could be condusive to on line learning how ever I as the instructor do noyt possess all of the intelligences

3 comments:

NickForwod said...

I'm not sure I agree about ICT being suited to interpersonal intelligence. I think that when personal skills are expressed through computer then we are already living in a virtual reality. In the true reality interpersonal skills are expressed only when multiple people are interacting on every level which includes the more mundance experiences of making eye contact, not wandering off for coffee during the conversation and just generally being in a person's physical presence. Your thoughts?

spock said...

That is a valid point Nick, Howver if you have skype or video links you can take an interpersonal approach albeit in a limited level.

NickForwod said...

Well said, Deirdree, with advancing technology the level of interactions can really develop. I'm too poor to afford any new technology so I have grown bitter and twisted about the digital revolution.